Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday My Sayang!




Always at night as I put you to sleep
And nestle my nose in your sweet soft hair
Watching your eyes slowly droop into a close
And your face a picture perfect sereneness
My heart swells with joy and
I thank God for sending me you
My little angel

And at night as you toss and turn
Arms reached out to hug me close
And once more my nose shall rest in your hair
Breathing in your heavenly scent
It envelopes me in a strange calm happiness
And I thank God for sending me you
My little angel



And the days when your sweet smile
Greets me as you flutter your sleepy eyes open
To welcome me in the morning
For yet another day together
You make me feel like a Queen
And I thank God for sending me you
My little Angel

And for the days we discover new things together
Cry over our little pains together
Laugh over little silly things we do together
Rejoice over the precious words that you utter
You make me feel like a million dollars
Yet again, I thank God for sending me you
My little angel



And for the nights when I hold you tight
Your cheeks moist with my silent tears
For I wish I could make life better
For you who makes my life so fulfilled
But I am just a mother with so many flaws
And I can only thank God for sending me you
My little precious Angel



Seven years ago I couldn’t imagine life with you
Seven years on, I can’t imagine life without you
Every inch of you in my eyes is perfect
I couldn’t dream of anything more
So everyday I whisper a little thank you
To God for sending me you
My sweet little precious Angel


Happy Birthday my sayang, Nasri. Love you forever and ever, no matter what...

republished from www.anedra.blogspot.com

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday my sayang nasri.
    I dont know why
    but I cant stop the tears.
    I have seen how brave your mum is,
    no matter how tired she is,
    she holds you close and loves you so much,
    And Oteh too, says thank you Allah,
    for sending you to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest, dearest Nasri,

    I can't remember when your mom weren't there
    When she didn't care for anyone but you
    I swear she's been through everything there is
    Can't imagine anything she has missed
    Can't imagine anything the two of you can't do

    Through the years, she's never let you down
    She has turned your life around, the sweetest days she has found
    She has found with you ... through the years
    She has never been afraid, She has loved the life she has made
    And She is so glad she has stayed, right here with you
    Through the years

    She can't remember what she used to do
    Who she trusted whom, she listened to before
    She swears you've taught her everything she knows
    Can't imagine needing someone so
    But through the years it seems to her
    She needs you more and more

    Through the years, through all the good and bad
    She knew how much she had, she has always been so glad
    To be with you ... through the years
    It's better everyday, she has kissed your tears away
    As long as its okay, she shall stay with you
    Through the years

    Through the years, when everything went wrong
    Together you were strong, she knows that she belonged
    Right here with you ... through the years
    She never had a doubt, she'd always work things out
    She has learned what loves about, by loving you
    Through the years

    Through the years, she has never let you down
    She has turned your life around, the sweetest days she has found
    She has found with you ... through the years
    Its better everyday, she has kissed your tears away
    As long as its okay, she'll stay with you
    Through the years!

    Happy, happy birthday Nasri, you've certainly been blessed with a valiant mom who is not afraid to take life's challenges head on. No birthday gift can supersede her love and sacrifices. May Allah keep you in his Mercy always. With lots and lots of love, hugs and kisses from Mak Su oli, Uncle Aimen and Syajie...who will always be by your side through the years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Nasri,Tok Tam is never good with expressions and words, but only Allah knows the silent tears that Tok Tam shed for you and your Mom.Walk on Dina, one step, one tumble and Godwilling you will see the beautiful light at the end of the tunnel. Lots of love Nasri and many more happy birthdays... Dina, I walked, fell, ran and changed my knees and I walked on.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oteh - alamak..jangan lah nangis

    kak oli - alamak..my turn to cry now!!! sob, so sweet!

    maktam - thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I will remember to walk on (even if I change MY knees!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anedra - this post and the comments moved me to tears. Happy Birthday Nasri and many happy returns!

    By the by - congrats also on the addition of a bouncing baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. deen, u made me kuayeee... it's such a beautiful expression fr the heart.
    happy birthday nasri..

    ReplyDelete
  7. lifebloom - hi there! thanks for dropping by and on thanks for the birthday wishes on behalf of the birthday boy!

    torts - as i said over the phone "HELLO STRANGER!!!" Glad u called. Keep in touch ok!

    ReplyDelete
  8. teach him guitar..
    teach him kung fu..
    but above all teach him about life

    ReplyDelete
  9. tranquility - thanks for dropping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. D awwwwww......this makes me all dewy eyed.

    First to Nasri..belated birthday wishes, Handsome! May you continue to be special and reach for the stars in all manner of living! You are so gorgeous and huggable! *hugs* *HUGS*

    And D, you are, without doubt, very very special. Z and I do talk about you. We are totally aware of how much love and cheer you bring into the life of others. You are blessed and I am certain God is ALWAYS watching over you and yours.

    Big humumgous hugs to one of the sweetest persons I know!

    PS. About how much to protect yours....just go by your intuition and instinct. The best rules to abide by as per my experience!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maya - thanks for the advise. It's comforting to know that I have such wise and lovely friends as support! WHat would I do without you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. anedra,

    happy birthday nasri....am also shedding tears while eating jambu and assam boi....and reading your lovely poem...handsome nasri ni!

    ReplyDelete